Introducing “Cool Japaners” who help make the show great.
The cast features people from all over the globe.
How would you like to be a “cool japaner” and uncover the culture of Japan?
cool japan is always looking for foreigners living in Japan to come on the show.
Especially welcome are those we can expect a fresh outlook from, with a year or less in Japan.
Cool Japan is broadcast in
150 countries and regions
around the world!
You might be able to view it in your country.
Check here for details
- Emily McKay
- It was fun to know the difference between Japan and other countries, because Japan has a very unique culture.
- Ginny Shiung
- It's fun and refreshing to meet various people, most of whom I wouldn't meet in my usual daily life.
- Craig Taylor
- I love doing Cool Japan because of how many interesting topics there are in Japan. There is a lot to learnt about this "cool " country !!
- Marcel Ferragi
- Cool Japan TV Show is a great opportunity to have Japanese experiences in a playful way, learning more about the country where I’m living.
- Cool Japan enables me to discover always new things about Japan and its culture. I have the chance to exchange my thoughts with other people from different countries that makes me always learn more about my own culture. Discovering and learning all the time! Thank you, Cool Japan.
- Michael Wattley
- I love discovering new and innovative things about Japanese products, services and culture through Cool Japan!
- Daniella Ramirez
- I like participating in Cool Japan because I learn different aspects of Japanese society, and I get to learn about different cultures at the same time!
- Ji Kailing
- The first time I watched this program I was still in my country. I came to Japan because I love Japanese popular culture. But through watching this program I found that many popular cultures originate from traditional cultures. This helped me to know more about Japan and Japanese people. It has also made my life in Japan more colorful!
- Heng Xin
- Shooting for Cool Japan has brought me deeper understanding for Japan's culture. Thanks for it, I am able to see and experience with my bare eyes how amazing Japanese's culture is. As a mirror, it also makes me more aware of the uniqueness and diversity of my home country and the world.
- Shi Xue
- I got the opportunities to review my own country from an outsider's point of view.
- Yang Ji
- I visited many cool places where I never know before!
- Sandrine Romanacce-Smith
- I learned so much more about the Japanese culture through the show than by living here for years!
- Heike Brock
- Participating in Cool Japan, I can not only learn and discover many unknown things about Japan, but also get to think and reflect about my own culture and country a lot.
- Flavio Parisi
- Thanks to the programme, I got to experience unique situations that were deeply japanese and meaningful to me. Furthermore, I got to talk the cultural differences with other foreigners in respectful and sometimes heated up discussions, Thank you cool japan for all there great chances!
- Jackie Mwangi
- I am happy to learn not only the Japanese culture but also learning from other cast's opinions!
- June Sung
- I am very happy to be on TV! And I have a great opportunity to learn similarlity of Japan and my own cultre and also understanding cool Japanese culture.
- Arne van Lamoen
- There are many great things, but perhaps the best is the fact that - as amazing as Japan is - it is even more amazing than that! I had no idea about many of the things the show has covered and I can't wait to see what will come next. Always a great time.
- Mizhelle Agcaoili
- I get to see different aspects of Japan, and in the process, I learn more about my country too.
- Oxana Bazyulkina
- I like to participate in COOLJAPAN because, every time I participate in the project, I enrich my knowledge about Japan. Especially when go on location, I begin to understand some Japanese realities better.
- Antonio Tejero de Pablos
- It gives me the opportunity to express my vision about Japan and debate it with other people.
- Omer Ishag
- I enjoy the comparisons that the guests make about how things are in Japan and how they are in their own countries, and I enjoy watching the video reports very much.
- Petter Weilenmann Higashi
- What I like about participating in Cool Japan is that not only does it broaden my knowledge about Japanese culture, I also learn a lot about other cultures in the world.
- Nathalie Lobue
- I enjoy having a discussion about Japan with other cast coming from all around world.
- Olga Yaremchuk
- I learn a lot from each time I participated in the cast. And what I like most is we can express our opinion freely!
- Eddie Barth
- I love going to location shoot where I only can go with Cool Japan. I really enjoy participating in the cast!
- Kelly Riley
- What DON'T I love about being on Cool Japan?! It's really great being around people of all sorts of backgrounds and learning about their country as well as the one that brought us together (Japan). It's also really fun to watch with my husband (due to the duel language), we get to discover new things about the world that we probably wouldn't have gotten to otherwise.
- David Pavlina
- I cherish my experiences with Cool Japan, as I’m endlessly enlightened by our rich cultural discussions surrounded by warmhearted people.
- Peter Macy
- I used to have limited friends circles but now I have friends all around the world. Thanks to Cool Japan!
- Heather Mcleish
- I love being part of the Cool Japan team because it gives me both the opportunity to see and experience out of the way things in Japan but also to work closely with a well known Japanese company and get to know this industry.